Kathleen Jones, author of Love Is the Punch Line, will be selling copies of her novel at The Word on the Street, Toronto’s largest book and magazine festival:
Location: The Word on The Street, Harbourfront Centre, 235 Queens Quay West, Toronto
Where you’ll find Kathleen: Booth 346a, Love Is the Punch Line
Date: Sunday, September 23, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Festival features the best selection of Canadian books and magazines you’ll find anywhere, as well as hundreds of author readings and activities. Admission is free. For further information: https://thewordonthestreet.ca/toronto/
Author Kathleen Jones will be signing copies of her novel Love Is the Punch Line.
Where: IndigoSpirit, First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, Toronto
When: Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm.
Can’t make the signing? Copies of the novel are available at IndigoSpirit NOW!!! Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Posted by Laura B on Amazon.ca, August 8, 2018:
Great writing! Really enjoyed the story of an up and down and up again love affair and everything in between.
Save on shipping charges! Support a local author! Purchase your copy of Love Is the Punch Line at the Danforth branch of Toronto’s biggest bookstore chain.
- Location: 348 Danforth Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada, on the north side of Danforth, one block west of Chester subway in the Carrot Common Building.
- Parking: Free on side streets; meter parking on Danforth; municipal lot off Chester; meter parking at the Carrot Common
TTC: One minute walk from Chester Subway Station at the Carrot Common
Mon 10:00 am to 6:00 pm,
Tues – Sat 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
; Sun 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
LibraryThing members (it’s free to join LibraryThing!) can request a FREE copy of the e-book version of Love Is the Punch Line in return for a review. The ebooks will be delivered by email. We are giving away these books to increase the impact of the message of the book but also to get more reviews online. Reviews on Amazon, GoodReads and LibraryThing are appreciated. Please choose the ebook format you prefer: .epub or .mobi,
Once you’ve read the book, please post your reviews on:
Description: Middle-aged stand-up comedian Josh Steinberg, formerly the star of his own popular TV series, finds himself struggling to keep his career alive, playing seedier and seedier clubs. Plump, balding, and plain-looking, he has never had much luck with women. That is, until Josh meets Holly Brannigan while performing his stand-up act in a comedy club. Holly, an attractive, intelligent, and divorced 50-year-old businesswoman, becomes instantly smitten with Josh and even finds his unconventional looks wildly sexy.
The lonely and vulnerable Josh soon falls in love with Holly, even though she’s not the statuesque type he usually goes for. But Josh, terrified of being hurt and discarded by yet another woman, hides his true feelings for Holly by making fun of her in his stand-up act. And Holly, taking Josh’s words to heart, starts to wonder if she means anything to him at all.
Offer ends September 30, 2018. For further information, go to: http://www.librarything.com/er/giveaway/list
I am giving away 50 ebook copies of my novel “Love Is the Punch Line” in return for reviews on Goodreads and/or Amazon. It’s a romance set in the world of stand-up comedy. If you want a copy, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. ONLY UNTIL AUGUST 31, 2018!
Synopsis: Middle-aged stand-up comedian Josh Steinberg, the “Jewish Comedy King” and formerly the star of his own popular TV series, finds himself struggling to keep his career alive, playing seedier and seedier clubs. Plump, balding, and plain-looking, he has never had much luck with women. That is, until Josh meets Holly Brannigan while performing his stand-up act in a club. Holly, an attractive, intelligent, and divorced 50-year-old businesswoman, becomes instantly smitten with Josh and even finds his unconventional looks wildly sexy.
Published on toronto.com on July 21, 2018:
- The Toronto Zoo: Thousands and thousands of animals of every size, shape, and species from all over the globe, presented in realistic approximations of their natural habitats. The trails criss-crossing the zoo provide a fun and entertaining workout for hikers.
- The reasonable cost of housing: According to the Toronto Real Estate Board’s June 2018 report, the average cost of a home in central Toronto was a hefty $1.4 million. In east Toronto (Scarborough), it was a far more reasonable $601,255,241.
- Wildlife: Scarborough is home to a wide variety of wild animals and birds. Canada geese, groundhogs, blue jays, gold finches, cardinals, brown rabbits, raccoons, squirrels, and foxes have all been spotted on the suburban streets around Eglinton and Victoria Park.
- Scarborough Bluffs: The Scarborough Bluffs are breathtakingly beautiful. You can picnic, hike, and enjoy the scenery near the lake. It’s a great escape from a busy and noisy city.
- Shopping: Scarborough is a great place to shop for everyday essentials. It offers a wide range of big-box stores, such as Walmart, the Brick, and Home Outfitters. The malls, especially Scarborough Town Centre, have a decent selection of chain stores.
Kathleen Jones is an author based in Scarborough, Ontario.