By Kathleen Jones, The Quirky Novelist. Please sign up for free updates at http://eepurl.com/ceSobT
Are you a new indie novelist wondering how to publish, market, and promote your novel? Wonder no more! These bloggers are here to help:
- Jane Friedman: The mission of Jane Friedman, a former publisher of Writer’s Digest, is to educate writers on all aspects of the publishing industry. Topics covered by her award-winning blog: how to publish your book; how to self-publish your book; writing a novel synopsis; how to find a literary agent for your book; should you hire a professional editor; 5 WordPress themes for professional authors. Visit her at http://janefriedman.com/blog/
- The Creative Penn covers such topics as writing, self-publishing, sales and marketing, and print on demand. Visit http://www.thecreativepenn.com/blog/
- Booklife is Publishers Weekly’s site for indie authors. The site provides guidance on topics such as writing tips, marketing, design, and social media, and includes profiles of indie authors, all at http://booklife.com/
- Writer’s Digest’s blog is a treasure trove of information for new novelists, covering everything from literary agent listings and ideas on how to combat author anxiety to writing successful query letters and tips for getting rid of writer’s block, all at http://www.writersdigest.com
- Author Jody Hedlund provides guidance to fellow writers on such subjects as stalled plots, tips for increasing your writing input, and ideas for staying motivated during the long process of writing a novel: http://jodyhedlund.blogspot.ca
- Indie Reader is the definitive resource for indie authors, covering indie books, authors, and independent publishing. Includes reviews of indie books. Visit http://indiereader.com
- Cathy Stucker’s Guide to Selling Books. The name says it all! Visit http://www.sellingbooks.com
- The Independent Publishing Magazine offers reviews of publishing services and provides helpful resources and information on indie publishing: http://www.theindependentpublishingmagazine.com
That’s just a brief sampling of the help available. Indie novelists, you are not alone!
Kathleen Jones’ first novel, a midlife comic romance set in the world of stand-up comedy, will be published in the spring of 2018 by Moonshine Cove Publishing, LLC. Visit Kathleen Jones, The Quirky Novelist, online at https://kathleenjones.org/
or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/joneslepidas and sign up for free updates at http://eepurl.com/ceSobT
Photo credit: IMG_0942 via photopin (license)
2 thoughts on “The Best Bloggers for New Indie Novelists”
Thanks! When I started into the publishing process, I was very frustrated because I just couldn’t find helpful sites! I appreciate the list!
Thanks for your comments, Shawn!
LikeLiked by 1 person